A set of time series data labour market stocks and flows for the Netherlands 1980 to 2010
AbstractIn this paper we present data on flows in the labour market for the period 1980 - 2010, which have been constructed using various sources. The focus of our analysis is on four labour market states within the working age population of age 15 - 64: Employment, Unemployment, Not working and Disabled. A comparison is provided with the earlier studies of Broersma and den Butter (1994) and Kock (1998), and with the data published by the CBS from the labour force survey (EBB). The latter comparison is also used to indicate the presence of the time aggregation bias in the CBS data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology in its series UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series with number 008.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.merit.unu.edu
labour market flows; time aggregation bias; the Netherlands;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J82 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Labor Force Composition
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Shimer, 2012.
"Reassessing the Ins and Outs of Unemployment,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(2), pages 127-148, April.
- Broersma, L. & Butter, F.A.G. den, 1994. "A consistent set of time series data on labour market flows for the Netherlands," Serie Research Memoranda 0043, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.