Designing plans for organizational development, lessons from three large-scale SME-initiatives
AbstractThis paper reflects upon the way that we balanced design and development in three specific case projects in order to contribute to creating and accumulating knowledge that is both relevant to practitioners and academics. More specifically, it is shown how learning within one project was used to improve the design of the next project. The three projects were set up in the context of government-sponsored social science programs and aimed at improving innovation in SMEs. As the paper shows, looking at these three projects shows the contribution from seeing design and development as two sides of the same coin.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology in its series UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series with number 027.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.merit.unu.edu
design-oriented research; organizational development; large-scale projects;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- O22 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Project Analysis
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-KNM-2009-07-03 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-PPM-2009-07-03 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baghana, Rufin & Mohnen, Pierre, 2009.
"Effectiveness of R&D Tax Incentives in Small and Large Enterprises in Quebec,"
UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series
001, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Rufin Baghana & Pierre Mohnen, 2009. "Effectiveness of R&D tax incentives in small and large enterprises in Québec," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 91-107, June.
- Rufin Baghana & Pierre Mohnen, 2009. "Effectiveness of R&D Tax Incentives in Small and Large Enterprises in Québec," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-01, CIRANO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.