The Training of Schoolleavers
AbstractThis research memorandum deals with the determinants of training of school-leavers in the Netherlands. Two different sorts of training are compared: industrial training and apprenticeship (''dual'' education). Because industrial training can be considered as a form of firm-specific training and apprenticeship as a form of general training, the two forms of training have entirely different functions. Apprenticeship is mainly an alternative educational track for school-leavers from Junior Secondary Vocational Education while, for school- leavers, industrial training serves mainly as a substitute for any deficiencies in their skills.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Maastricht : ROA, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market in its series Research Memoranda with number 005.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/UMPublications.htm
labour market entry and occupational careers;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sicherman, Nachum, 1991.
""Overeducation" in the Labor Market,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 101-22, April.
- Nachum Sicherman, 1987. "Over-Education in the Labor Market," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 48, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Katz, Eliakim & Ziderman, Adrian, 1990. "Investment in General Training: The Role of Information and Labour Mobility," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1147-58, December.
- Barron, John M & Black, Dan A & Loewenstein, Mark A, 1989. "Job Matching and On-the-Job Training," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Grip, Andries de & Heijke, Hans & Velden, Rolf van der, 1998. "Her Researchcentrum voor Onderwijs en Arbeidsmarkt," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-22272, Maastricht University.
- Grip, A. de & Heijke, J.A.M., 1989. "Het flexibiliteitspotentieel van universitaire studierichtingen," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-16057, Maastricht University.
- Green, Francis, 1993. "The Determinants of Training of Male and Female Employees in Britain," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(1), pages 103-22, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charles Bollen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.