A classification of empirical CGE modelling
AbstractThis paper investigates asymmetric effects of monetary policy over the business cycle. A two-state Markov Switching Model is employed to model both recessions and expansions. For the United States and Germany, strong evidence is found that monetary policy is more effective in a recession than during a boom. Also some evidence is found for asymmetry in the United Kingdom and Belgium. In the Netherlands, monetary policy is not very effective in either regime.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management) in its series Research Report with number 99C01.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harrison, Glenn W. & Jones, Richard & Kimbell, Larry J. & Wigle, Randal, 1993. "How robust is applied general equilibrium analysis?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 99-115, February.
- Wiese, Arthur M., 1995. "On the construction of the total accounts from the U.S. national income and product accounts: How sensitive are applied general equilibrium results to initial conditions?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 139-162, April.
- Bohringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomas F., 1997. "Carbon Taxes with Exemptions in an Open Economy: A General Equilibrium Analysis of the German Tax Initiative," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 189-203, February.
- Roberts, Barbara M, 1994. " Calibration Procedure and the Robustness of CGE Models: Simulations with a Model for Poland," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 189-210.
- Scarf,Herbert E. & Shoven,John B., 2008. "Applied General Equilibrium Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521070935, November.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Michiel Keyzer, 2002.
"The Structure of Applied General Equilibrium Models,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262571579, June.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Michiel Keyzer, 1997. "The structure of applied general equilibrium models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1653, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Michiel Keyzer, 2002. "The structure of applied general equilibrium models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/3313, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dawkins, Christina & Srinivasan, T.N. & Whalley, John, 2001. "Calibration," Handbook of Econometrics, in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 58, pages 3653-3703 Elsevier.
- Decaluwe, Bernard & Martens, Andre, 1988.
"CGE modeling and developing economies: A concise empirical survey of 73 applications to 26 countries,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 529-568.
- Decaluwe, B. & Martens, A., 1988. "Cge Modeling And Developing Economies: A Concise Empirical Survey Of 73 Applications To 26 Countries," Papers 8816, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Taylor, Lance & Lysy, Frank J., 1979. "Vanishing income redistributions : Keynesian clues about model surprises in the short run," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 11-29, February.
- Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Markusen, James R. & Rutherford, Thomas F., 1996. "Trade policy subtleties with multinational firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1605-1627, November.
- Feltenstein, Andrew & Shah, Anwar, 1992.
"General equilibrium effects of investment incentives in Mexico,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
927, The World Bank.
- Feltenstein, Andrew & Shah, Anwar, 1995. "General equilibrium effects of investment incentives in Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 253-269, April.
- Harrison, Glenn W & Rutherford, Thomas F & Tarr, David G, 1997. "Quantifying the Uruguay Round," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(444), pages 1405-30, September.
- Shoven,John B. & Whalley,John, 1992.
"Applying General Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521319867, November.
- Markusen, James R. & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Hunter, Linda, 1995. "Trade liberalization in a multinational-dominated industry," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 95-117, February.
- Herbert E. Scarf, 1967. "On the Computation of Equilibrium Prices," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 232, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Scrieciu, Silviu Serban & Blake, Adam, 2003.
"General Equilibrium Modelling Applied to Romania (GEMAR): Focusing on the Agricultural and Food Sectors,"
Development Economics and Public Policy Working Papers
30544, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Scrieciu, Silviu Serban & Blake, Adam, 2005. "General Equilibrium Modelling Applied to Romania (GEMAR): Focusing on the Agricultural and Food Sectors," Impact Assessment Research Centre (IARC) Working Papers 30585, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Nicolas Hérault, 2004. "Un modèle d'équilibre général calculable (MEGC) pour évaluer les effets de l'ouverture au commerce international : le cas de l'Afrique du Sud," Documents de travail 102, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Sinha, Anushree & Khan, Haider, 2008. "Gender and Informal Sector Analysis in India: Economy Wide Approaches," Working Paper Series RP2008/65, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Yilmaz Akyuz, 2005. "The WTO Negotiations on Industrial Tariffs: What is at Stake for Developing Countries?," Working Papers 2005/8, Turkish Economic Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joke Bulthuis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.