Market partitioning and the geometry of the resource space
AbstractOperations such as integration or modularization of databases can be considered as operations on database universes. This paper describes some operations on database universes. Formally, a database universe is a special kind of table. It turns out that various operations on tables constitute interesting operations on database universes as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management) in its series Research Report with number 97B40.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Curtis Eaton, B. & Lipsey, Richard G., 1989. "Product differentiation," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 723-768 Elsevier.
- Péli , G. & Nooteboom, B., 1997.
"Simulation of learning in supply partnerships,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-372699, Tilburg University.
- Nooteboom, B., 2005. "Entrepreneurial Roles Along a Cycle of Discovery," Discussion Paper 2005-43, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Zuckerman, Ezra W. & Kim, Tai-Young & Ukanwa, Kalinda & James, von Rittmann, 2003. "Robust Identities or Non-Entities? Typecasting in the Feature Film Labor Market," Working papers 4291-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- BRUGGEMAN, Jeroen & PELI, Gábor, 2011. "Cultural niche dimensionality and small firm subsistence," Working Papers 2011005, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- ZHOU, Chaohong & VAN WITTELOOSTUIJN, Arjen, 2009. "Evolutionary game theory and organizational ecology: The case of resource-partitioning theory," Working Papers 2009002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Hsu, Greta & Hannan, Michael T. & Kocak, Ozgecan, 2007. "A Formal Theory of Multiple Category Memberships and Two Empirical Tests," Research Papers 1968r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Vermeulen, I. & Bruggeman, J., 2000. "The logic of organizational markets: thinking through resource partitioning theory," Research Report 00B17, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Hannan, Michael T. & Polos, Laszlo & Carroll, Glenn R., 2002. "Structural Inertia and Organizational Change Revisited I: Architecture, Culture and Cascading Change," Research Papers 1732, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Boone Ch. & Wezel F.C. & Van Witteloostuijn A., 2006. "An ecological theory of population-level organizational diversity," Working Papers 2007003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Aleid Elizabeth Brouwer & Arjen Van Witteloostuijn & Christophe Boone, 2006. "The Dynamics of Economic Performance and Organizational Diversity. An Empirical Study in Zwolle, the Netherlands, 1850-1914," ERSA conference papers ersa06p112, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joke Bulthuis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.