No one saw this coming. Understanding financial crisis through accounting models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management) in its series Research Report with number 09002.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2009-11-14 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2009-11-14 (Financial Development & Growth)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8973.
- Michael G. Palumbo & Jonathan A. Parker, 2009.
"The Integrated Financial and Real System of National Accounts for the United States: Does It Presage the Financial Crisis?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 80-86, May.
- Michael G. Palumbo & Jonathan A. Parker, 2009. "The Integrated Financial and Real System of National Accounts for the United States: Does It Presage the Financial Crisis?," NBER Working Papers 14663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009.
"The crisis of fair-value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate,"
Accounting, Organizations and Society,
Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 826-834, August.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009. "The crisis of fair value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Dean Baker, 2002. "The Run-up in Home Prices: A Bubble," Challenge, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 45(6), pages 93-119, November.
- Verick, Sher & Islam, Iyanatul, 2010.
"The Great Recession of 2008-2009: Causes, Consequences and Policy Responses,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4934, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Verick, Sher & Islam, Iyanatul, 2010. "The great recession of 2008-2009 : causes, consequences and policy responses," ILO Working Papers 457693, International Labour Organization.
- Angelos Kotios & George Galanos, 2012. "The International Economic Crisis and the Crisis of Economics," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(7), pages 869-885, 07.
- Martin Janíčko, 2012. "Financial Innovations and Economic Fluctuation from the Present Perspective," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(6), pages 18-33.
- Gracia, Eduard, 2012. "Predicting the unpredictable: Forecastable bubbles and business cycles under rational expectations," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 6(41), pages 1-43.
- Filiz AGAOGLU, 2013. "Impact Of The International Financial Crisis On The Garantibank In Turkey And Romania," Network Intelligence Studies, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 2, pages 13-27, October.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2012.
"The common error of common sense: an essential rectification of the accounting approach,"
43196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Egmont Kakarot-Handtke, 2012. "The Common Error of Common Sense: An Essential Rectification of the Accounting Approach," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_731, Levy Economics Institute.
- Gunther Tichy, 2010. "War die Finanzkrise vorhersehbar?," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11(4), pages 356-382, November.
- Adamopoulou, Effrosyni & Tanzi, Giulia M., 2014. "Academic Performance and the Great Recession," MPRA Paper 54913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giovanni Bernardo & Emanuele Campiglio, 2014.
"A simple model of income, aggregate demand and the process of credit creation by private banks,"
Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 381-405, August.
- Giovanni Bernardo & Emanuele Campiglio, 2013. "A Simple Model of Income, Aggregate Demand, and the Process of Credit Creation by Private Banks," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_777, Levy Economics Institute.
- Lukáš Kovanda, 2011. "The Future of Economics: Four Possible Scenarios," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(6), pages 743-758.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2012. "Make a bubble, take a free lunch, break a bank," MPRA Paper 42996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matjaz Nahtigal, 2012. "Regulatory Framework of Financial Institutions before, during and after the Financial Crisis – Getting It Right," MIC 2012: Managing Transformation with Creativity; Proceedings of the 13th International Conference, Budapest, 22–24 November 2012 [Selected Papers], University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper.
- Kooths, Stefan & van Roye, Björn, 2012. "Nationale Geldschöpfung im Euroraum: Mechanismen, Defekte, Therapie," Kiel Discussion Papers 508/509, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Gracia, Eduard, 2012. "On the power and weakness of rational expectations: Logical fallacies, periodic bubbles and business cycles," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-27, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der Gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung & Conseil d'Analyse � (ed.), 2010. "Evaluer la performance économique, le bien-être et la soutenabilité. Rapport du Conseil danalyse économique et du Conseil allemand des experts en économie," Occasional Reports / Expertisen, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung, number 75369.
- William Kingston, 2014. "Schumpeter and the end of Western Capitalism," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 449-477, July.
- Ben Beachy, 2012. "A Financial Crisis Manual Causes, Consequences, and Lessons of the Financial Crisis," GDAE Working Papers 12-06, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Nathan Perry & Nathaniel Cline, 2013. "Wages, Exchange Rates, and the Great Inflation Moderation: A Post-Keynesian View," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_759, Levy Economics Institute.
- Wim Naudé, 2011. "The Global Financial Crisis and Development: Implications for the Entrepreneurial Economy," Working Papers 2011/01, Maastricht School of Management.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2012. "General formal foundations of the virtuous deficit–profit symmetry and the vicious debt deflation," MPRA Paper 42912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wim Naudé, 2009. "Fallacies about the Global Financial Crisis Harms Recovery in the Poorest Countries," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 10(4), pages 3-12, 01.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joke Bulthuis).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.