Insurability of export credit risks
AbstractThis report presents an analysis of the market for export credit insurance. Governments of all developed countries oer exporting companies export credit (re)insurance, either directly or indirectly. This raises the questions 1. What are the key determinants of export credit risk insurability by the private market? 2. Which export credit risks can be covered by the private market? We provide an answer to these questions by means of a literature review and an extensive field study, with special emphasis of the role of the Dutch government as a reinsurer of certain export credit risks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management) in its series Research Report with number 03F07.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eichberger, Jurgen & Harper, Ian R., 1997. "Financial Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198775409, Octomber.
- Christoph Moser & Thorsten Nestmann & Michael Wedow, 2008.
"Political Risk and Export Promotion: Evidence from Germany,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(6), pages 781-803, 06.
- Moser, Christoph & Nestmann, Thorsten & Wedow, Michael, 2006. "Political risk and export promotion: evidence from Germany," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,36, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Nestmann, Thorsten & Moser, Christoph & Wedow, Michael, 2006. "Political risk and export promotion: Evidence from Germany," Research Notes 23, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Ernst Baltensperger & Nils Herger, 2009. "Exporting against Risk? Theory and Evidence from Public Export Insurance Schemes in OECD Countries," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 545-563, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joke Bulthuis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.