A Dataset on Comparative Historical National Accounts, ca.1870-1950: A Time-Series Perspective
AbstractThis paper accompanies the Historical National Accounts datahub which presents an overview of the currently available studies on long-term economic growth across countries. Now that more and more detailed historical national accounts have become available, the Groningen Growth and Development Centre (GGDC) in collaboration with the Department of Economic History of the London School of Economics (LSE) has initiated a new research project aiming to enhance our knowledge on comparative economic performance. The basic idea of this datahub is to bring together the available, but fragmented, data on GDP at the industry level for all major economies and to standardise these series to make a consistent long run international comparison of output and productivity feasible. GDP data and their components are presented in local currencies, both at current as well as constant prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen in its series GGDC Research Memorandum with number GD-107.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agustín S. Bénétrix & Kevin H. O'Rourke & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2012.
"The Spread of Manufacturing to the Periphery 1870-2007: Eight Stylized Facts,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Agustín S. Bénétrix & Kevin H. O’Rourke & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2012. "The Spread of Manufacturing to the Periphery 1870-2007: Eight Stylized Facts," Working Papers 0021, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Kevin HjortshÃ¸j O'Rourke & Agustin S. Benetrix & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2012. "The Spread of Manufacturing to the Periphery 1870-2007: Eight Stylized Facts," Economics Series Working Papers 617, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bénétrix, Agustín & O'Rourke, Kevin H. & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2012. "The Spread of Manufacturing to the Periphery 1870-2007: Eight Stylized Facts," CEPR Discussion Papers 9060, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christoph Farquet, 2012. "The Rise Of The Swiss Tax Haven In The Interwar Period: An International Comparison," Working Papers 0027, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Klasing, Mariko J. & Milionis, Petros, 2014. "Quantifying the evolution of world trade, 1870–1949," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 185-197.
- Sam Kortum & John Romalis & Brent Neiman & Jonathan Eaton, 2010.
"Trade and the Global Recession,"
2010 Meeting Papers
1340, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Kortum, Sam & Neiman, Brent & Romalis, John, 2013. "Trade and the Global Recession," Working Papers 2013-21, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Samuel S. Kortum & Jonathan Eaton & Brent Neiman & John Romalis, 2010. "Trade and the Global Recession," DEGIT Conference Papers c015_002, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Jonathan Eaton & Sam Kortum & Brent Neiman & John Romalis, 2010. "Trade and the global recession," Working Paper Research 196, National Bank of Belgium.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum & Brent Neiman & John Romalis, 2011. "Trade and the Global Recession," NBER Working Papers 16666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen Reinhart & Kenneth Rogoff, 2013. "Financial and Sovereign Debt Crises: Some Lessons Learned and Those Forgotten," IMF Working Papers 13/266, International Monetary Fund.
- Martin Stuermer, 2013. "Industrialization and the demand for mineral commodities," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse13_2013, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Klasing, Mariko & Milionis, Petros, 2012.
"Reassessing the Evolution of World Trade, 1870-1949,"
39555, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Milionis, Petros & Klasing, Mariko J., 2012. "Reassessing the Evolution of World Trade, 1870-1949," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-126, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joke Bulthuis).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.