Network Neutrality: A Survey of the Economic Literature
AbstractThis paper reviews the small but growing economic literature on network neutrality. It considers a number of possible departures from network neutrality, in particular termination fees, second-degree price discrimination, and vertical foreclosure.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center in its series Discussion Paper with number 2010-014.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.nl/tilec/
net neutrality; two-sided markets; network management; access-tiering; foreclosure;
Other versions of this item:
- Schuett Florian, 2010. "Network Neutrality: A Survey of the Economic Literature," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 1-15, June.
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Monopoly
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholas Economides & Joacim Tåg, 2007.
"Net Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis,"
07-45, NET Institute, revised Nov 2007.
- Economides, Nicholas & Tåg, Joacim, 2012. "Network neutrality on the Internet: A two-sided market analysis," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 91-104.
- Economides, Nicholas & Tåg, Joacim, 2008. "Network Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis," Working Paper Series 727, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 09 Nov 2011.
- Nicholas Economides & Joacim Tåg, 2007. "Net Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis," Working Papers 07-14, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- Chris Edmond, 2007. "Information Revolutions and the Overthrow of Autocratic Regimes," Working Papers 07-26, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Daeho Lee & Junseok Hwang, 2011. "The Effect of Network Neutrality on the Incentive to Discriminate, Invest and Innovate: A Literature Review," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201184, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Nov 2011.
- Choi, Jay & Jeon, Doh-Shin & Kim, Byung-Cheol, 2012.
"Internet Interconnection and Network Neutrality,"
IDEI Working Papers
753, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- repec:pra:mprapa:42457 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haucap, Justus & Klein, Gordon J., 2012.
"How regulation affects network and service quality in related markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 521-524.
- Haucap, Justus & Klein, Gordon J., 2012. "How regulation affects network and service quality in related markets," DICE Discussion Papers 52, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Marc LEBOURGES & Claudia SAAVEDRA, 2011. "Lights and Shadows from Economic Analysis on Net Neutrality and Internet Pricing Policies," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(84), pages 75-92, 4th quart.
- Anna D'Annunzio & Antonio Russo, 2013.
"Network Neutrality, Access to Content and Online Advertising,"
DIAG Technical Reports
2013-09, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- Antonio Russo & Anna D’Annunzio, 2013. "Network Neutrality, Access to Content and Online Advertising," KOF Working papers 13-344, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Anna D'Annunzio & Antonio Russo, 2013. "Network Neutrality, Access to Content and Online Advertising," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/57, European University Institute.
- Ingo Vogelsang, 2013. "The Endgame of Telecommunications Policy? A Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 4545, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruce Owen, 2011. "Antitrust and Vertical Integration in “New Economy” Industries with Application to Broadband Access," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 363-386, June.
- Bauer, Johannes M. & Obar, Jonathan & Koh, Taejin, 2011. "Disentangling economic and political goals in the net neutrality debate," 22nd European Regional ITS Conference, Budapest 2011: Innovative ICT Applications - Emerging Regulatory, Economic and Policy Issues 52187, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Krämer, Jan & Wiewiorra, Lukas, 2009. "Network neutrality and congestion sensitive content providers: Implications for content variety, broadband investment and regulation," MPRA Paper 42519, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Jan 2012.
- Duarte Brito & Pedro Pereira & João Vareda, 2013. "Network Neutrality under ISP duopoly: on the ability to assign capacity," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2013_19, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Richard Broekman to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.