Opt in Versus Opt out: A Free-Entry Analysis of Privacy Policies
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center in its series Discussion Paper with number 2006-024.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/research/institutes-and-research-groups/center-ar/
Other versions of this item:
- Bouckaert, J.M.C. & Degryse, H.A., 2006. "Opt In versus Opt Out: A Free-Entry Analysis of Privacy Policies," Discussion Paper 2006-96, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jan Bouckaert & Hans Degryse, 2006. "Opt In Versus Opt Out: A Free-Entry Analysis of Privacy Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 1831, CESifo Group Munich.
- BOUCKAERT, Jan & DEGRYSE, Hans, 2007. "Opt in versus opt out: A free-entry analysis of privacy policies," Working Papers 2007025, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 1996.
"Coupons and oligopolistic price discrimination,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-242.
- Qihong Liu & Konstantinos Serfes, 2005. "Imperfect price discrimination, market structure, and efficiency," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1191-1203, November.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Pavan, Alessandro, 2006.
"On the optimality of privacy in sequential contracting,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 168-204, September.
- Alessandro Pavan, 2004. "On the Optimality of Privacy in Sequential Contracting," Theory workshop papers 658612000000000067, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Giacomo Calzolari & Alessandro Pavan, 2005. "On the Optimality of Privacy in Sequential Contracting," Discussion Papers 1404, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Giacomo Calzolari & Alessandro Pavan, 2004. "On the Optimality of Privacy in Sequential Contracting," Discussion Papers 1394, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Jeffery M. Lacker, 2002. "The economics of financial privacy : to opt out or to opt in?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 1-16.
- Curtis R. Taylor, 2004. "Consumer Privacy and the Market for Customer Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(4), pages 631-650, Winter.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Severin Borenstein, 1985. "Price Discrimination in Free-Entry Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 380-397, Autumn.
- Posner, Richard A, 1981. "The Economics of Privacy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 405-09, May.
- Alessandro Acquisti & Hal R. Varian, 2005.
"Conditioning Prices on Purchase History,"
INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 367-381, May.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 1999. "Dynamic Competition with Customer Recognition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(4), pages 604-631, Winter.
- Kenneth S. Corts, 1998. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination in Oligopoly: All-Out Competition and Strategic Commitment," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(2), pages 306-323, Summer.
- Mark Armstrong, 2005. "Recent Developments in the Economics of Price Discrimination," Industrial Organization 0511004, EconWPA.
- Armstrong, Mark, 2006. "Price discrimination," MPRA Paper 4693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- V. Bhaskar & Ted To, 2004.
"Is Perfect Price Discrimination Really Efficient? An Analysis of Free Entry,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(4), pages 762-776, Winter.
- V. Bhaskar & Ted To, 2002. "Is Perfect Price Discrimination Really Efficient? An Analysis of Free Entry," Economics Discussion Papers 537, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Stole, Lars A., 2007. "Price Discrimination and Competition," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1999.
"Customer Poaching and Brand Switching,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1871, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- George J. Stigler, 1980. "An Introduction to Privacy in Economics and Politics," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 10, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Richard A. Posner, 1980. "The Economics of Privacy," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 16, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Richard Broekman to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.