The Governance of Services
AbstractThe problem of assessing a system of governance for composite services in the social economy is approached by means of original methods.The main innovation is that the welfare structure of a society is separated from the legal transaction- or institutional structure.As both the various types of services and the various modes of management are defined in terms of relations between sets of persons, these structures can be compared and the performance of a managementsystem can be assessed.The dynamics of a wide range of hybrid forms of organization - between market and hierarchy - is analyzed in this framework. The approach elaborates on the new institutional economics, and the social theory of micromotives and macrobehavior in exchange and transactions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center in its series Discussion Paper with number 2005-024.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.nl/tilec/
Other versions of this item:
- D0 - Microeconomics - - General
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
- O12 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Gilles & Dimitrios Diamantaras & Pieter Ruys, 2003. "Optimal design of trade institutions," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 269-292, October.
- Perotti, Enrico, 2002.
"Lessons from the Russian Meltdown: The Economics of Soft Legal Constraints,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 359-99, Winter.
- Enrico Perotti, 2001. "Lessons from the Russian Meltdown: The Economics of Soft Legal Constraints," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 379, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- North, D-C, 1997. "The Process of Economic Change," Research Paper 128, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Avinash Dixit, 2001.
"On Modes of Economic Governance,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
589, CESifo Group Munich.
- Claude Ménard, 2004. "The Economics of Hybrid Organizations," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 160(3), pages 345-, September.
- BARBERA, Salvador & BOSSERT, Walter & PATTANAIK, Prasanta K., 2001.
"Ranking Sets of Objects,"
Cahiers de recherche
2001-02, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Coase, Ronald H., 1991.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
Nobel Prize in Economics documents
1991-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Avinash Dixit, 2003. "Trade Expansion and Contract Enforcement," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(6), pages 1293-1317, December.
- Greif, Avner, 1993. "Contract Enforceability and Economic Institutions in Early Trade: the Maghribi Traders' Coalition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 525-48, June.
- Ruys, P.H.M., 2003. "Gezonde en Zieke Economische Stelsels. Separatie en Interactie van Sterke Rationaliteiten," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-123055, Tilburg University.
- Rene van den Brink & Pieter H.M. Ruys, 2005. "Positional Wages, Market Wages and Firm Size," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-020/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Pieter H.M. RUYS & Jan BRUIL & Henry DIX, 2007.
"Modes Of Governance In The Dutch Social Housing Sector,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(3), pages 381-413, 09.
- Ruys, P.H.M. & Bruil, J. & Dix, H.G., 2007. "Modes of Governance in the Dutch Social Housing Sector," Discussion Paper 2007-001, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Richard Broekman to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.