Credible commitments, contract enforcement problems and banks: Intermediation as credibility assurance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its series Research Memorandum with number 282.
Date of creation: 1987
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/nl/over-tilburg-university/schools/economics-and-management/
Other versions of this item:
- Boot, Arnoud W. A. & Thakor, Anjan V. & Udell, Gregory F., 1991. "Credible commitments, contract enforcement problems and banks: Intermediation as credibility assurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 605-632, June.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David M Kreps & Robert Wilson, 2003.
Levine's Working Paper Archive
618897000000000813, David K. Levine.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Perry, Motty, 1986. "Perfect sequential equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 97-119, June.
- Chan, Yuk-Shee & Thakor, Anjan V, 1987.
" Collateral and Competitive Equilibria with Moral Hazard and Private Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 345-63, June.
- Yuk-Shee Chan & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004. "Collateral and Competitive Equilibria with Moral Hazard and Private Information," Finance 0411019, EconWPA.
- Mitchell Berlin & Loretta J. Mester, 1998.
"Intermediation and vertical integration,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages 500-523.
- Sanjay Basu & Swapnendu Bandyopadhyay (Banerjee), 2005. "Relationship Banking, State Co-Ordination and Long-Term Debt: Reinterpreting the Big Push," Departmental Working Papers wp0502, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Dominik Egli & Steven Ongena & David C. Smith, 2002.
"On the sequencing of projects, reputation building, and relationship finance,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
718, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Egli, Dominik & Ongena, Steven & Smith, David C., 2006. "On the sequencing of projects, reputation building, and relationship finance," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 23-39, March.
- Egli, D. & Ongena, S. & Smith, D.C., 2001. "On the Sequencing of Projects, Reputation Building and Relationship Finance," Discussion Paper 2001-1, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Degryse, H.A. & Cerqueiro, G.M. & Ongena, S., 2007. "Distance, Bank Organizational Structure and Credit," Discussion Paper 2007-018, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Kallberg, Jarl G. & Udell, Gregory F., 2003. "The value of private sector business credit information sharing: The US case," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 449-469, March.
- Boot, Arnoud W. A., 2000. "Relationship Banking: What Do We Know?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 7-25, January.
- Nacer Bernou & Marceline Grondin, 2001. "Réconciliation entre libéralisation financière et croissance économique dans un système fondé sur la banque," Post-Print halshs-00179981, HAL.
- Robert B. Avery & Allen N. Berger, 1988.
"Loan commitments and bank risk exposure,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Robert B. Avery & Allen N. Berger, 1990. "Loan commitments and bank risk exposure," Working Paper 9015, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Robert B. Avery & Allen N. Berger, 1989. "Loan commitments and bank risk exposure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 65, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ozgur Emre Ergungor, 2002. "Market- vs. bank-based financial systems: do investor rights really matter?," Working Paper 0101R, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Thakor, Anjan V., 1996. "The design of financial systems: An overview," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 917-948, June.
- Martin, J. Spencer & Santomero, Anthony M., 1997. "Investment opportunities and corporate demand for lines of credit," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1331-1350, October.
- Sumit Agarwal & Souphala Chomsisengphet & John C. Driscoll, 2004. "Loan commitments and private firms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-27, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rodolphe Blavy, 2005. "Monitoring and Commitment in Bank Lending Behavior," IMF Working Papers 05/222, International Monetary Fund.
- Maudos, Joaquin & Pérez, Francisco & Quesada, Javier, 2005. "Do banks discriminate sectoral real investment?," MPRA Paper 15868, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
- Plaut, Steven E. & Melnik, Arie L., 2003. "International institutional lending arrangements to sovereign borrowers," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 459-481, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.