Visualizing Multiple Quantile Plots
AbstractMultiple quantile plots provide a powerful graphical method for comparing the distributions of two or more populations. This paper develops a method of visualizing triple quantile plots and their associated confidence tubes, thus extending the notion of a QQ plot to three dimensions. More specifically, we consider three independent one-dimensional random samples with corresponding quantile functions Q1, Q2 and Q3, respectively. The triple quantile (QQQ) plot is then defined as the three-dimensional curve Q(p) = (Q1(p);Q2(p);Q3(p)); where 0
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2011-085.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Confidence region; empirical likelihood; quantile plot; three-sample com- parison;
Other versions of this item:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-29 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beirlant, Jan & Deheuvels, Paul, 1990. "On the approximation of P--P and Q--Q plot processes by brownian bridges," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 241-251, March.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & McKeague, I.W., 1999. "Confidence tubes for multiple quantile plots via empirical likelihood," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-142078, Tilburg University.
- Kennan, John, 1985. "The duration of contract strikes in U.S. manufacturing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 5-28, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.