Fuzzy Cores and Fuzzy Balancedness
AbstractWe study the relation between the fuzzy core and balancedness for fuzzy games. For regular games, this relation has been studied by Bondareva (1963) and Shapley (1967). First, we gain insight in this relation when we analyse situations where the fuzzy game is continuous. Our main result shows that any fuzzy game has a non-empty core if and only if it satisfies all (fuzzy) balanced inequalities. We also consider deposit games to illustrate the use of the main result.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2011-062.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Cooperative fuzzy games; fuzzy balancedness; fuzzy core;
Other versions of this item:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gulick, G. van & Borm, P.E.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2007.
"Deposit Games with Reinvestment,"
2007-22, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Brânzei, R. & Dimitrov, D.A. & Tijs, S.H., 2002.
"Convex Fuzzy Games and Participation Monotonic Allocation Schemes,"
2002-13, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Branzei,R. & Dimitrov,D. & Tijs,S., 2002. "Convex fuzzy games and participation monotonic allocation schemes," Working Papers 332, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Brânzei, R. & Dimitrov, D.A. & Tijs, S.H., 2003. "Convex fuzzy games and participation monotonic allocation schemes," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-121813, Tilburg University.
- Hsiao Chih-Ru & Raghavan T. E. S., 1993. "Shapley Value for Multichoice Cooperative Games, I," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 240-256, April.
- Yan-An Hwang & Yu-Hsien Liao, 2010. "The unit-level-core for multi-choice games: the replicated core for TU games," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 161-171, June.
- Yaron Azrieli & Ehud Lehrer, 2007. "Market Games in Large Economies with a Finite Number of Types," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 327-342, May.
- Tijs, S.H. & Brânzei, R. & Ishihara, S. & Muto, S., 2004. "On cores and stable sets for fuzzy games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-142599, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.