Testing for Bivariate Spherical Symmetry
AbstractAn omnibus test for spherical symmetry in R2 is proposed, employing localized empirical likelihood. The thus obtained test statistic is distri- bution-free under the null hypothesis. The asymptotic null distribution is established and critical values for typical sample sizes, as well as the asymptotic ones, are presented. In a simulation study, the good perfor- mance of the test is demonstrated. Furthermore, a real data example is presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2010-71.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Asymptotic distribution; distribution-free; empirical like- lihood; hypothesis test; spherical symmetry.;
Other versions of this item:
- John Einmahl & Maria Gantner, 2012. "Testing for bivariate spherical symmetry," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 54-73, March.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jiajuan Liang & Kai-Tai Fang & Fred Hickernell, 2008. "Some necessary uniform tests for spherical symmetry," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 60(3), pages 679-696, September.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & McKeague, I.W., 2003. "Empirical likelihood based hypothesis testing," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-117075, Tilburg University.
- Koltchinskii, V. I. & Li, Lang, 1998. "Testing for Spherical Symmetry of a Multivariate Distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 228-244, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.