Feedback Nash Equilibria for Descriptor Differential Games Using Matrix Projectors
AbstractIn this article we address the problem of finding feedback Nash equilibria for linear quadratic differential games defined on descriptor systems. First, we decouple the dynamic and algebraic parts of a descriptor system using canonical projectors. We discuss the effects of feedback on the behavior of the descriptor system. We derive necessary and sufficient conditions for the existence of the feedback Nash equilibria for index 1 descriptor systems and show that there exist many informationally non-unique equilibria corresponding to a single solution of the game. Further, for descriptor systems with index greater than 1, we give a regularization based approach and discuss the associated drawbacks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2010-140.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
linear-quadratic games; linear feedback Nash equilibrium; solvability conditions; matrix projectors;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dockner,Engelbert J. & Jorgensen,Steffen & Long,Ngo Van & Sorger,Gerhard, 2000. "Differential Games in Economics and Management Science," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521637329.
- Engwerda, J.C. & Salmah, Y., 2010. "Feedback Nash Equilibria for Linear Quadratic Descriptor Differential Games," Discussion Paper 2010-79, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.