The Optimal Linear Quadratic Feedback State Regulator Problem for Index One Descriptor Systems
AbstractIn this note we present both necessary and sufficient conditions for the existence of a linear static state feedback controller if the system is described by an index one descriptor system. A priori no definiteness restrictions are made w.r.t. the quadratic performance criterium. It is shown that in general the set of solutions that solve the problem constitutes a manifold. This feedback formulation of the optimization problem is natural in the context of differential games and we provide a characterization of feedback Nash equilibria in a deterministic context.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2008-90.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
linear quadratic optimal control; descriptor systems; static stabilizing state feedback control;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-31 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engwerda, J.C. & Salmah, Y., 2008. "The Open-Loop Linear Quadratic Differential Game for Index One Descriptor Systems," Discussion Paper 2008-35, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Broek, W.A. van den & Engwerda, J.C. & Schumacher, J.M., 2003. "An equivalence result in linear-quadratic theory," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-91412, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.