Weighted Average Lexicographic Values for Share Sets and Balanced Cooperative Games
AbstractInspired by Kalai-Samet  and Tijs , weighted average lexicographic values are introduced for share sets and for cores of cooperative games using induction arguments. Continuity properties and monotonicity properties of these weighted lexicographic values are studied. For subclasses of games (convex games, simplex games, big boss games) relations are established with weighted (exact) Shapley values.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2008-8.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Cooperative games; average lexicographic value; weighted Shapley value;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Muto, S. & Nakayama, M. & Potters, J.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1988. "On big boss games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154246, Tilburg University.
- Funaki, Y. & Tijs, S.H. & Brânzei, R., 2007. "Leximals, the Lexicore and the Average Lexicographic Value," Discussion Paper 2007-97, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tijs, S.H., 2005. "The First Steps with Alexia, the Average Lexicographic Value," Discussion Paper 2005-123, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Monderer, Dov & Samet, Dov & Shapley, Lloyd S, 1992. "Weighted Values and the Core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 27-39.
- Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H., 2001. "Additivity Regions for Solutions in Cooperative Game Theory," Discussion Paper 2001-81, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ehud Kalai & Dov Samet, 1983. "On Weighted Shapley Values," Discussion Papers 602, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Caprari, E. & Patrone, F. & Pusillo, L. & Tijs, S.H. & Torre, A., 2006. "Share Opportunity Sets and Cooperative Games," Discussion Paper 2006-115, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tijs, Stef & Borm, Peter & Lohmann, Edwin & Quant, Marieke, 2011. "An average lexicographic value for cooperative games," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(1), pages 210-220, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.