Maximum Empirical Likelihood Estimation of the Spectral Measure of an Extreme Value Distribution
AbstractAMS 2000 subject classifications: Primary 62G05, 62G30, 62G32; secondary 60G70, 60F05, 60F17, JEL: C13, C14.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2008-42.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
functional central limit theorem; local empirical process; moment constraint; multivariate extremes; nonparametric maximum likelihood estimator; tail dependence;
Other versions of this item:
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Segers, J.J.J., 2009. "Maximum empirical likelihood estimation of the spectral measure of an extreme-value distribution," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3240401, Tilburg University.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Einmahl, J.H.J., 1997.
"Poisson and Gaussian approximation of weighted local empirical processes,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-125732, Tilburg University.
- Einmahl, John H. J., 1997. "Poisson and Gaussian approximation of weighted local empirical processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 31-58, October.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Haan, L.F.M. de & Li, D., 2006. "Weighted approximations of tail copula processes with applications to testing the bivariate extreme value condition," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-174864, Tilburg University.
- Gudendorf, Gordon & Segers, Johan, 2011. "Nonparametric estimation of an extreme-value copula in arbitrary dimensions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 37-47, January.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Haan, L.F.M. de & Krajina, A., 2009. "Estimating Extreme Bivariate Quantile Regions," Discussion Paper 2009-29, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Deyuan Li & Liang Peng & Yongcheng Qi, 2011. "Empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the endpoint of a distribution function," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 353-366, August.
- Holger Drees, 2012. "Extreme value analysis of actuarial risks: estimation and model validation," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 96(2), pages 225-264, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.