Egalitarianism in Multi-Choice Games
AbstractIn this paper we introduce the equal division core for arbitrary multi-choice games and the constrained egalitarian solution for con- vex multi-choice games, using a multi-choice version of the Dutta-Ray algorithm for traditional convex games. These egalitarian solutions for multi-choice games have similar properties as their counterparts for traditional cooperative games. On the class of convex multi-choice games, we axiomatically characterize the constrained egalitarian solu- tion.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2007-55.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Multi-choice games; Convex games; Equal division core; Constrained egalitarian solution;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dasgupta, Partha & Sen, Amartya & Starrett, David, 1973. "Notes on the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 180-187, April.
- Anindya Bhattacharya, 2004. "On the equal division core," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 391-399, 04.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Ray, Debraj, 1991. "Constrained egalitarian allocations," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 403-422, November.
- Hsiao Chih-Ru & Raghavan T. E. S., 1993. "Shapley Value for Multichoice Cooperative Games, I," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 240-256, April.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Ray, Debraj, 1989. "A Concept of Egalitarianism under Participation Constraints," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 615-35, May.
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru & Raghavan, T E S, 1992. "Monotonicity and Dummy Free Property for Multi-choice Cooperative Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 301-12.
- Javier Arin & Elena Inarra, 2001. "Egalitarian solutions in the core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 187-193.
- Dutta, B, 1990. "The Egalitarian Solution and Reduced Game Properties in Convex Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 153-69.
- William Thomson, 2007. "Fair Allocation Rules," RCER Working Papers 539, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Lars Thorlund-Petersen & Bezalel Peleg, 2001. "On the set of Lorenz-maximal imputations in the core of a balanced game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 147-165.
- Nouweland, C.G.A.M.. van den & Potters, J. & Tijs, S.H. & Zarzuelo, J., 1991. "Cores and related solution concepts for multi-choice games," Research Memorandum 478, Tilburg University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Klijn, F. & Slikker, M. & Tijs, S.H. & Zarzuelo, I., 2000.
"The egalitarian solution for convex games: Some characterizations,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154182, Tilburg University.
- Klijn, Flip & Slikker, Marco & Tijs, Stef & Zarzuelo, Jose, 2000. "The egalitarian solution for convex games: some characterizations," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 111-121, July.
- Brânzei, R. & Dimitrov, D.A. & Tijs, S.H., 2004. "The Equal Split-Off Set for Cooperative Games," Discussion Paper 2004-110, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H. & Zarzuelo, J., 2007. "Convex Multi-Choice Cooperative Games and their Monotonic Allocation Schemes," Discussion Paper 2007-54, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Fields, Gary S & Fei, John C H, 1978. "On Inequality Comparisons," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(2), pages 303-16, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.