A Stroll with Alexia
AbstractThis paper revisits the Alexia value, a recent solution concept for cooperative transferable utility games. We introduce the dual Alexia value and show that it coincides with the Alexia value for several classes of games. We demonstrate the importance of the notion of compromise stability for characterizing the Alexia value.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2007-52.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Alexia value; dual Alexia value; compromise stability; bankruptcy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marieke Quant & Peter Borm & Hans Reijnierse & Bas van Velzen, 2005.
"The core cover in relation to the nucleolus and the Weber set,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 491-503, November.
- Quant, M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Reijnierse, J.H. & Velzen, S. van, 2005. "The core cover in relation to the nucleolus and the Weber set," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-173775, Tilburg University.
- Quant, M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Reijnierse, J.H. & Velzen, B. van, 2003. "The core cover in relation to the nucleolus and the Weber set," Discussion Paper 2003-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Quant, M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hendrickx, R.L.P. & Zwikker, P., 2004.
"Compromise Solutions Based on Bankruptcy,"
2004-33, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tijs, S.H. & Lipperts, F.A.S., 1982. "The hypercube and the core cover of N-person cooperative games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154285, Tilburg University.
- Reijnierse, J.H. & Maschler, M.B. & Potters, J.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1996.
"Simple flow games,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-72932, Tilburg University.
- Robert J. Weber, 1977.
"Probabilistic Values for Games,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
471R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- O'Neill, Barry, 1982. "A problem of rights arbitration from the Talmud," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 345-371, June.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Tijs, Stef & Borm, Peter & Lohmann, Edwin & Quant, Marieke, 2011. "An average lexicographic value for cooperative games," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(1), pages 210-220, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.