Exploiting Group Symmetry in Semidefinite Programming Relaxations of the Quadratic Assignment Problem
AbstractWe consider semidefinite programming relaxations of the quadratic assignment problem, and show how to exploit group symmetry in the problem data. Thus we are able to compute the best known lower bounds for several instances of quadratic assignment problems from the problem library: [R.E. Burkard, S.E. Karisch, F. Rendl. QAPLIB — a quadratic assignment problem library. Journal on Global Optimization, 10: 291–403, 1997]. AMS classification: 90C22, 20Cxx, 70-08.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2007-44.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
quadratic assignment problem; semidefinite programming; group sym- metry;
Other versions of this item:
- Klerk, E. de & Sotirov, R., 2010. "Exploiting group symmetry in semidefinite programming relaxations of the quadratic assignment problem," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3125772, Tilburg University.
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-02 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rendl, F. & Sotirov, R., 2007. "Bounds for the quadratic assignment problem using the bundle method," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-192934, Tilburg University.
- Ivanov, I.D. & Klerk, E. de, 2007. "Parallel Implementation of a Semidefinite Programming Solver based on CSDP in a distributed memory cluster," Discussion Paper 2007-20, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Klerk, E. de & Pasechnik, D.V. & Sotirov, R., 2008. "On Semidefinite Programming Relaxations of the Traveling Salesman Problem (revision of DP 2007-101)," Discussion Paper 2008-96, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Klerk, E. de & Pasechnik, D.V. & Sotirov, R., 2007. "On Semidefinite Programming Relaxations of the Travelling Salesman Problem (Replaced by DP 2008-96)," Discussion Paper 2007-101, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Laurent, M., 2009. "Sums of squares, moment matrices and optimization over polynomials," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3736413, Tilburg University.
- Nyberg, Axel & Westerlund, Tapio, 2012. "A new exact discrete linear reformulation of the quadratic assignment problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(2), pages 314-319.
- de Klerk, Etienne & -Nagy, Marianna E. & Sotirov, Renata & Truetsch, Uwe, 2014. "Symmetry in RLT-type relaxations for the quadratic assignment and standard quadratic optimization problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(3), pages 488-499.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.