Deposit Games with Reinvestment
AbstractIn a deposit game coalitions are formed by players combining their capital. The proceeds of their investments then have to be divided among those players. The current model extends earlier work on capital deposits by allowing reinvestment of returns. Two specific subclasses of deposit games are introduced. It is seen that each term dependent deposit game possesses a core element. Capital dependent deposit games are also shown to have a core element and even a population monotonic allocation scheme if the revenue function exhibits increasing returns to scale. Furthermore, it is shown that all superadditive games are deposit games if one allows for debt.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2007-22.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
cooperative game theory; deposit games; core elements; population monotonic allo- cation schemes; superadditive games;
Other versions of this item:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Suijs, J.P.M. & Tijs, S.H., 2005. "Stable profit sharing in cooperative investments," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154751, Tilburg University.
- Josep Maria Izquierdo Aznar & Carlos Rafels Pallarola, 1996. "A generalization of the bankruptcy game: financial cooperative games," Working Papers in Economics 9, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Borm, P.E.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Rafels, C. & Suijs, J.P.M. & Tijs, S.H. & Timmer, J.B., 2001.
"Cooperation in capital deposits,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-84639, Tilburg University.
- Gerwald Gulick & Henk Norde, 2013.
"Fuzzy cores and fuzzy balancedness,"
Springer, vol. 77(2), pages 131-146, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.