Kriging Metamodeling in Simulation: A Review
AbstractThis article reviews Kriging (also called spatial correlation modeling). It presents the basic Kriging assumptions and formulas contrasting Kriging and classic linear regression metamodels. Furthermore, it extends Kriging to random simulation, and discusses bootstrapping to estimate the variance of the Kriging predictor. Besides classic one-shot statistical designs such as Latin Hypercube Sampling, it reviews sequentialized and customized designs. It ends with topics for future research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2007-13.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Kriging; Metamodel; Response Surface; Interpolation; Design;
Other versions of this item:
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2007-03-17 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ECM-2007-03-17 (Econometrics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kleijnen, Jack P. C. & van Beers, Wim C. M., 2005. "Robustness of Kriging when interpolating in random simulation with heterogeneous variances: Some experiments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(3), pages 826-834, September.
- Didier Rullière & Alaeddine Faleh & Frédéric Planchet & Wassim Youssef, 2013. "Exploring or reducing noise? A global optimization algorithm in the presence of noise," Post-Print hal-00759677, HAL.
- Kleijnen, J.P.C. & Beers, W.C.M. van & Nieuwenhuyse, I. van, 2008.
"Constrained Optimization in Simulation: A Novel Approach,"
2008-95, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & Beers, W.C.M. van & Nieuwenhuyse, I. van, 2010. "Constrained optimization in simulation: A novel approach," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3583585, Tilburg University.
- Bettonvil, B.W.M. & Castillo, E. del & Kleijnen, J.P.C., 2007. "Statistical Testing of Optimality Conditions in Multiresponse Simulation-based Optimization (Revision of 2005-81)," Discussion Paper 2007-45, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C., 2013. "Simulation-Optimization via Kriging and Bootstrapping: A Survey (Revision of CentER DP 2011-064)," Discussion Paper 2013-064, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kabirian, Alireza & Ólafsson, Sigurdur, 2011. "Continuous optimization via simulation using Golden Region search," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 208(1), pages 19-27, January.
- Plischke, Elmar & Borgonovo, Emanuele & Smith, Curtis L., 2013. "Global sensitivity measures from given data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(3), pages 536-550.
- Rommel Regis & Christine Shoemaker, 2013. "A quasi-multistart framework for global optimization of expensive functions using response surface models," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 56(4), pages 1719-1753, August.
- Mehdad, E. & Kleijnen, Jack P.C., 2013. "Bootstrapping and Conditional Simulation in Kriging: Better Confidence Intervals and Optimization," Discussion Paper 2013-038, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Strang, Kenneth David, 2012. "Importance of verifying queue model assumptions before planning with simulation software," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(2), pages 493-504.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00759677 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.