A Note on Permutationally Convex Games
AbstractIn this paper we generalise marginal vectors and permutational convexity.We show that if a game is generalised permutationally convex, then the corresponding generalised marginal vector is a core element.Furthermore we refine the concept of permutational convexity and show that this refinement yields a sufficient condition for the corresponding marginal vector to be a core element.Finally, we prove that permutational convexity is equivalent to a restricted set of inequalities and that if a game is permutationally convex with respect to an order, then it is permutationally convex with respect to a related order as well. Series: CentER Discussion Paper
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2005-83.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Cooperative game theory; marginal vectors; permutational convexity;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2005-08-28 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2005-08-28 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meca, Ana & Timmer, Judith & Garcia-Jurado, Ignacio & Borm, Peter, 2004.
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 156(1), pages 127-139, July.
- Meca-Martinez, A. & Timmer, J.B. & Garcia-Jurado, I. & Borm, P.E.M., 1999. "Inventory Games," Discussion Paper 1999-53, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Meca, A. & Timmer, J.B. & Garcia-Jurado, I. & Borm, P.E.M., 2004. "Inventory games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-129329, Tilburg University.
- Velzen, S. van, 2005. "Cooperation in Networks and Scheduling," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-170234, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.