A Fixed Point Theorem for Discontinuous Functions
AbstractAMS classifications: 54H25, 65K10, 49J53, 68W25
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2005-4.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Fixed point; simplicial subdivision; discontinuity; equilibrium;
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Jacques Herings & Gerard van der Laan & Dolf Talman & Zaifu Yang, 2004. "A Fixed Point Theorem for Discontinuous Functions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-004/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Herings,Jean-Jacques & Laan,Gerard,van der & Talman,Dolf & Yang,Zaifu, 2005. "A Fixed Point Theorem for Discontinuous Functions," Research Memorandum 011, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- HERINGS, P. Jean-Jacques & van der LAAN, Gerard & TALMAN, Dolf & YANG, Zaifu, . "A fixed point theorem for discontinuous functions," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2154, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Herings, P.J.J. & Laan, G. van der & Talman, A.J.J. & Yang, Z.F., 2008. "A fixed point theorem for discontinuous functions," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-357915, Tilburg University.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-03-06 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shoven,John B. & Whalley,John, 1992.
"Applying General Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521266550, October.
- P. Jean-Jacques Herings, 2000.
"Two simple proofs of the feasibility of the linear tracing procedure,"
Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 485-490.
- Herings, P.J.J., 1997. "Two Simple Proofs of the Feasibility of the Linear Tracing Procedure," Discussion Paper 1997-77, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Carolyn Pitchik, 1981. "Equilibria of a Two-Person Non-Zero Sum Noisy Game of Timing," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 579, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Talman, A.J.J. & Yamamoto, Y., 1989. "A simplicial algorithm for stationary point problems on polytopes," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-153111, Tilburg University.
- Philip J. Reny, 1999. "On the Existence of Pure and Mixed Strategy Nash Equilibria in Discontinuous Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(5), pages 1029-1056, September.
- Philippe Bich, 2006. "Some fixed point theorems for discontinuous mappings," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b06066, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00265464 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.