The Bird Core for Minimum Cost Spanning Tree problems Revisited: Monotonicity and Additivity Aspects
AbstractA new way is presented to define for minimum cost spanning tree (mcst-) games the irreducible core, which is introduced by Bird in 1976.The Bird core correspondence turns out to have interesting monotonicity and additivity properties and each stable cost monotonic allocation rule for mcst-problems is a selection of the Bird core correspondence.Using the additivity property an axiomatic characterization of the Bird core correspondence is obtained.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2005-3.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
cost allocation; minimum cost spanning tree games; Bird core; cost monotonicity; cone additivity;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-03-06 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norde, H.W. & Moretti, S. & Tijs, S.H., 2001.
"Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Games and Population Monotonic Allocation Schemes,"
2001-18, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Norde, Henk & Moretti, Stefano & Tijs, Stef, 2004. "Minimum cost spanning tree games and population monotonic allocation schemes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 84-97, April.
- Norde, H.W. & Moretti, S. & Tijs, S.H., 2004. "Minimum cost spanning tree games and population monotonic allocation schemes," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-123753, Tilburg University.
- Stefano Moretti & Rodica Branzei & Henk Norde & Stef Tijs, 2004.
"The P-value for cost sharing in minimum,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 56(2_2), pages 47-61, 02.
- Tijs, Stef & Branzei, Rodica & Moretti, Stefano & Norde, Henk, 2006.
"Obligation rules for minimum cost spanning tree situations and their monotonicity properties,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 175(1), pages 121-134, November.
- Tijs, S.H. & Brânzei, R. & Moretti, S. & Norde, H.W., 2004. "Obligation Rules for Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Situations and their Monotonicity Properties," Discussion Paper 2004-53, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H. & Timmer, J.B., 2001. "Information collecting situations and bi-monotonic allocation schemes," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-88210, Tilburg University.
- Juan J. Vidal-Puga & Gustavo Bergantiños, 2004.
"Defining Rules in Cost Spanning Tree Problems Through the Canonical Form,"
2004.97, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2004. "Defining rules in cost spanning tree problems through the canonical form," Game Theory and Information 0402004, EconWPA.
- Voorneveld, M. & Tijs, S.H. & Grahn, S., 2000.
"Monotonic Allocation Schemes in Clan Games,"
2000-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dragan, I. & Potters, J.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1989. "Superadditivity for solutions of coalitional games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154238, Tilburg University.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1990. "Population monotonic allocation schemes for cooperative games with transferable utility," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 378-394, December.
- Feltkamp, V. & Tijs, S.H. & Muto, S., 1994. "On the irreducible core and the equal remaining obligations rule of minimum cost spanning extension problems," Discussion Paper 1994-106, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Moretti, S. & Norde, H.W. & Pham Do, K.H. & Tijs, S.H., 2001.
"Connection Problems in Mountains and Monotonic Allocation Schemes,"
2001-12, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Stefano Moretti & Henk Norde & Kim Pham Do & Stef Tijs, 2002. "Connection problems in mountains and monotonic allocation schemes," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 83-99, June.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Mishra, Debasis, 2009.
"Minimum Cost Arborescences,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
889, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Debasis Mishra, 2008. "Minimum cost arborescences," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-12, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Moretti, S. & Tijs, S.H. & Brânzei, R. & Norde, H.W., 2005. "Cost Monotonic "Cost and Charge" Rules for Connection Situations," Discussion Paper 2005-104, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hernández, Penélope & Peris, Josep E. & Silva-Reus, José A., 2012. "Strategic Sharing of a Costly Network," QM&ET Working Papers 12-10, Universidad de Alicante, Departamento de Métodos Cuantitativos y Teoría Económica.
- Moretti, Stefano, 2009. "Game Theory applied to gene expression analysis," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4922, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.