On Properness and Protectiveness in Two Person Multicriteria Games
AbstractThis paper extends the concepts of proper equilibria, protective behaviour and prudent behaviour to multicriteria games.Three types of proper equilibria based on different types of domination are introduced.It is shown that protective behaviour coincides with prudent behaviour.Possible relations and existence are analyzed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2004-127.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Multicriteria games; proper; protective; prudent;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Borm & Freek van Megen & Stef Tijs, 1999.
"A perfectness concept for multicriteria games,"
Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 401-412, July.
- Megen, F. van & Borm, P.E.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1995. "A perfectness concept for multicriteria games," Discussion Paper 1995-28, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Megen, F.J.C. van & Tijs, S.H., 1999. "A perfectness concept for multicriteria games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-80679, Tilburg University.
- Fiestras-Janeiro, Gloria & Borm, Peter & van Megen, Freek, 1998. "Protective and Prudent Behaviour in Games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 167-175, January.
- R. Myerson, 2010.
"Refinement of the Nash Equilibrium Concept,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
537, David K. Levine.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.