A New Characterization of Convex Games
AbstractA cooperative game turns out to be convex if and only if all its marginal games are superadditive.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2004-109.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
characterization; convex games; marginal games; superadditive games;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-02 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Weber, 1977.
"Probabilistic Values for Games,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
471R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Ray, Debraj, 1989. "A Concept of Egalitarianism under Participation Constraints," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 615-35, May.
- Curiel, I. & Tijs, S.H., 1991. "Minimarg and the maximarg operators," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154226, Tilburg University.
- Rodica Branzei & Stef Tijs & S. Zeynep Alparslan Gok, 2008. "Some Characterizations of Convex Interval Games," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 2(3), pages 219-226, December.
- Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H. & Zarzuelo, J., 2007. "Convex Multi-Choice Cooperative Games and their Monotonic Allocation Schemes," Discussion Paper 2007-54, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Alparslan-Gok, S.Z. & Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H., 2008. "Convex Interval Games," Discussion Paper 2008-37, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Rodica Branzei & Dinko Dimitrov & Stef Tijs, 2005. "Convex games, clan games, and their marginal games," Working Papers 368, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Brânzei, R. & Dimitrov, D.A. & Tijs, S.H., 2006.
"Convex Games versus Clan Games,"
2006-58, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H. & Alparslan-Gok, S.Z., 2008. "Some Characterizations of Convex Interval Games," Discussion Paper 2008-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.