The P-Value for Cost Sharing in Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Situations
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to introduce and axiomatically characterize the P-value as a rule to solve the cost sharing problem in minimum cost spanning tree (mcst) situations.The P-value is related to the Kruskal algorithm for finding an mcst.Moreover, the P-value leads to a core allocation of the corresponding mcst game, and when applied also to the mcst subsituations it delivers a population monotonic allocation scheme.A conewise positive linearity property is one of the basic ingredients of an axiomatic characterization of the P-value.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2003-129.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
costs; games; allocation; population;
Other versions of this item:
- Brânzei, R. & Moretti, S. & Norde, H.W. & Tijs, S.H., 2004. "The P-value for cost sharing in minimum cost spanning tree situations," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-142598, Tilburg University.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Norde, H.W., 2013. "The Degree and Cost Adjusted Folk Solution for Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Games," Discussion Paper 2013-039, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Debasis Mishra, 2008.
"Minimum cost arborescences,"
Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers
08-12, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Mishra, Debasis, 2009. "Minimum Cost Arborescences," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 889, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Jens Hougaard & Hervé Moulin & Lars Østerdal, 2010.
"Decentralized pricing in minimum cost spanning trees,"
Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 293-306, August.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Hervé Moulin & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2008. "Decentralized Pricing in Minimum Cost Spanning Trees," Discussion Papers 08-24, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Trudeau, Christian, 2012. "A new stable and more responsive cost sharing solution for minimum cost spanning tree problems," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 402-412.
- Bergantiños, Gustavo & Kar, Anirban, 2010. "On obligation rules for minimum cost spanning tree problems," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 224-237, July.
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Anirban Kar, 2010.
- Bergantiños, Gustavo & Lorenzo, Leticia & Lorenzo-Freire, Silvia, 2011. "A generalization of obligation rules for minimum cost spanning tree problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(1), pages 122-129, May.
- Gustavo Bergantinos & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2008. "On Some Properties of Cost Allocation Rules in Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Problems," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 2(3), pages 251-267, December.
- Moretti, Stefano, 2009. "Game Theory applied to gene expression analysis," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4922, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bogomolnaia, Anna & Moulin, Hervé, 2010. "Sharing a minimal cost spanning tree: Beyond the Folk solution," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 238-248, July.
- Bergantiños, Gustavo & Vidal-Puga, Juan, 2009. "Additivity in minimum cost spanning tree problems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 38-42, January.
- María Gómez-Rúa & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2011. "Merge-proofness in minimum cost spanning tree problems," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 309-329, May.
- Bergantiños, Gustavo & Vidal-Puga, Juan, 2012. "Characterization of monotonic rules in minimum cost spanning tree problems," MPRA Paper 39994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bergantiños, G. & Gómez-Rúa, M. & Llorca, N. & Pulido, M. & Sánchez-Soriano, J., 2014. "A new rule for source connection problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 780-788.
- Moretti, S. & Alparslan-Gok, S.Z. & Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H., 2008. "Connection Situations under Uncertainty," Discussion Paper 2008-64, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Stefano Moretti & Stef Tijs & Rodica Branzei & Henk Norde, 2009. "Cost allocation protocols for supply contract design in network situations," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 69(1), pages 181-202, March.
- Chun, Youngsub & Lee, Joosung, 2012. "Sequential contributions rules for minimum cost spanning tree problems," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 136-143.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.