Sequencing Games with Controllable Processing Time
AbstractIn this paper we study a class of cooperative sequencing games that arise from sequencing situations in which the processing times are not fixed.We show that these games are balanced by obtaining two core elements that depend only on the optimal schedule for the grand coalition.Furthermore we show that, although these games are not convex in general, many marginal vectors are core elements. We also consider convexity for special instances of the sequencing situation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2003-105.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-12-07 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamers, Herbert & Klijn, Flip & Suijs, Jeroen, 1999. "On the balancedness of multiple machine sequencing games," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 678-691, December.
- Calleja, P. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Klijn, F., 2001.
"On a New Class of Parallel Sequencing Situations and Related Games,"
2001-3, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Calleja, P. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Klijn, F. & Slikker, M., 2002. "On a new class of parallel sequencing situations and related games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-90187, Tilburg University.
- Hamers, H.J.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1995.
"On games corresponding to sequencing situations with ready times,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-86378, Tilburg University.
- Hamers, H. & Borm, P. & Tijs, S., 1993. "A Games Corresponding to Sequencing Situations with Ready Times," Papers 9316, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Hamers, H.J.M. & Klijn, F. & Velzen, S. van, 2002. "On the Convexity of Precedence Sequencing Games," Discussion Paper 2002-112, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.