An Irregular Grid Approach for Pricing High Dimensional American Options
AbstractAMS classifications: 35R35; 60G40; 65D15; 90C33;
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2002-99.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
American options; high-dimensional problems; free boundary problems; optimal stopping; variational inequalities; numerical methods; unstructured mesh; Markov chain approximation;
Other versions of this item:
- Berridge, S.J. & Schumacher, J.M., 2004. "An Irregular Grid Approach for Pricing High-Dimensional American Options," Discussion Paper 2004-18, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lars Stentoft, 2004. "Convergence of the Least Squares Monte Carlo Approach to American Option Valuation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(9), pages 1193-1203, September.
- Manuel Moreno & Javier Navas, 2003.
"On the Robustness of Least-Squares Monte Carlo (LSM) for Pricing American Derivatives,"
Review of Derivatives Research,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 107-128, May.
- Manuel Moreno & Javier R. Navas, 2001. "On the robustness of least-squares Monte Carlo (LSM) for pricing American derivatives," Economics Working Papers 543, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Boyle, Phelim & Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Monte Carlo methods for security pricing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1267-1321, June.
- Boyle, Phelim P & Evnine, Jeremy & Gibbs, Stephen, 1989. "Numerical Evaluation of Multivariate Contingent Claims," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 241-50.
- Barraquand, Jérôme & Martineau, Didier, 1995. "Numerical Valuation of High Dimensional Multivariate American Securities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 383-405, September.
- Lars Stentoft, 2004. "Assessing the Least Squares Monte-Carlo Approach to American Option Valuation," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 129-168, 08.
- Evans, Michael & Swartz, Timothy, 2000. "Approximating Integrals via Monte Carlo and Deterministic Methods," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198502784.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 113-47.
- Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Pricing American-style securities using simulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1323-1352, June.
- Philip Protter & Emmanuelle Clément & Damien Lamberton, 2002. "An analysis of a least squares regression method for American option pricing," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 449-471.
- M. A. H. Dempster & J. P. Hutton, 1999. "Pricing American Stock Options by Linear Programming," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 229-254.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 2002. "Monte Carlo valuation of American options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 271-286.
- Berridge, S.J. & Schumacher, J.M., 2004. "Using Localised Quadratic Functions on an Irregular Grid for Pricing High-Dimensional American Options," Discussion Paper 2004-20, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Berridge, S.J. & Schumacher, J.M., 2004. "Pricing High-Dimensional American Options Using Local Consistency Conditions," Discussion Paper 2004-19, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.