The Constrained Equal Award Rule for Bankruptcy Problems with a Priori Unions
AbstractIn this paper, we provide four extensions of the constrained equal award rule for bankruptcy situations to the class of bankruptcy situations with a priori unions. We present some characterisations and relations with corresponding games. The four new extensions are illustrated by a specific application.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2002-83.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
bankruptcy; a priori unions; constrained equal award;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calleja, P. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2001. "Multi-Issue Allocation Games," Discussion Paper 2001-30, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Nir Dagan, 1996.
"New characterizations of old bankruptcy rules,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 51-59, January.
- Hamiache, Gerard, 1999. "A new axiomatization of the Owen value for games with coalition structures," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 281-305, May.
- Carmen Herrero & Antonio Villar, 2002. "Sustainability in bankruptcy problems," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 261-273, December.
- O'Neill, Barry, 1982. "A problem of rights arbitration from the Talmud," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 345-371, June.
- Lorenzo-Freire, S. & Casas-Mendez, B. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2005.
"The Two-stage Constrained Equal Awards and Losses Rules for Multi-Issue Allocation Situation,"
2005-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Silvia Lorenzo-Freire & Balbina Casas-Méndez & Ruud Hendrickx, 2010. "The two-stage constrained equal awards and losses rules for multi-issue allocation situations," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 465-480, December.
- Thomson, William, 2003. "Axiomatic and game-theoretic analysis of bankruptcy and taxation problems: a survey," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 249-297, July.
- Gonzalez-Alcon, C. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2007.
"A composite run-to-the-bank rule for multi-issue allocation situations,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-194181, Tilburg University.
- Carlos González-Alcón & Peter Borm & Ruud Hendrickx, 2007. "A composite run-to-the-bank rule for multi-issue allocation situations," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 65(2), pages 339-352, April.
- Gonzalez-Alcon, C. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2003. "A Composite Run-to-the-Bank Rule for Multi-Issue Allocation Situations," Discussion Paper 2003-59, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.