Multivariate Regression with Monotone Missing Observation of the Dependent Variables
AbstractMultivariate regression is discussed, where the observations of the dependent variables are (monotone) missing completely at random; the explanatory variables are assumed to be completely observed.We discuss OLS-, GLS- and a certain form of E(stimated) GLS-estimation.It turns out that (E)GLS-estimation uses the preceding dependent variables in a well-structured way.In case of normality, ML-estimation coincides with (E)GLS-estimation.We include (sets of) MANOVA-tables enabling us to perform exact tests on the coecients based on a (new) generalized Wilks' distribution.Only the very special case of the constant as sole explanatory variable has been treated in the literature so far: our model incorporates this missing data problem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2002-63.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
testing; sampling; least squares; maximum likelihood; multivariate regression;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C19 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raats, V.M. & Moors, J.J.A. & Genugten, B.B. van der, 2004. "A Mixed Model for Double Checking Fallible Auditors," Discussion Paper 2004-82, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Raats, V.M., 2004. "Approximations of the Generalized Wilks' Distribution," Discussion Paper 2004-85, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Raats, V.M. & Genugten, B.B. van der & Moors, J.J.A., 2004. "Asymptotics of Multivariate Regression with Consecutively Added Dependent Varibles," Discussion Paper 2004-77, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.