Equilibrium Price Dispersion in a Matching Model with Divisible Money
AbstractThe main purpose of this paper is to show that, for any given parameter values, an equilibrium with dispersed prices (two-price equilibrium) exists in a simple matching model with divisible money presented by Green and Zhou (1998).We also show that our two-price equilibrium is unique in certain environments. Moreover, the welfare effect of price dispersion is analysed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2002-118.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
equilibrium analysis; prices; money;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-01-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2003-01-19 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MIC-2003-01-20 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Camera, G. & Corbae, D., 1998.
"Money and Price Dispersion,"
98-03, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Green, Edward J. & Zhou, Ruilin, 1998.
"A Rudimentary Random-Matching Model with Divisible Money and Prices,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 252-271, August.
- Edward J. Green & Ruilin Zhou, 1996. "A Rudimentary Random-Matching Model with Divisible Money and Prices," GE, Growth, Math methods 9606001, EconWPA, revised 25 Jul 1996.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-54, August.
- Shouyong Shi, 1995.
"Money and Prices: A Model of Search and Bargaining,"
916, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Shi Shougong, 1995. "Money and Prices: A Model of Search and Bargaining," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 467-496, December.
- Shouyong Shi, 1997.
"A Divisible Search Model of Fiat Money,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(1), pages 75-102, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.