Notation in Econometrics: A Proposal for a Standard
AbstractThis paper proposes a standard for notation in econometrics.It presents a fully integrated and internally consistent framework for notation and abbreviations, which is as close as possible to existing common practice and also obeys ISO regulations.The symbols used are instantly recognizable and interpretable, thus minimizing ambiguity and enhancing reading efficiency.The standard is designed in a exible manner, thus allowing for future extensions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2001-8.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Other versions of this item:
- Karim M. Abadir & Jan R. Magnus, 2002. "Notation in econometrics: a proposal for a standard," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 76-90, June.
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:etheor:v:3:y:1987:i:01:p:117-142_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Magnus, J.R. & Vasnev, A.L., 2004.
"Local Sensitivity and Diagnostic Tests,"
2004-105, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eran Raviv, 2013. "Prediction Bias Correction for Dynamic Term Structure Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-041/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2005:i:35:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arturas Juodis, 2013. "First Difference Transformation in Panel VAR models: Robustness, Estimation and Inference," UvA-Econometrics Working Papers 13-06, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Dept. of Econometrics.
- Claudio Lupi, 2005. "Are credit constraints in Italy really more binding in the South?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(35), pages 1-6.
- Karim M. Abadir & Adriana Cornea, 2012. "Approximating Moments by Nonlinear Transformations," Working Paper Series 22_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Vasnev, Andrey L., 2010. "Sensitivity of GLS estimators in random effects models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(5), pages 1252-1262, May.
- Jan R. Magnus & Dmitry Danilov, 2004.
"Forecast accuracy after pretesting with an application to the stock market,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 251-274.
- Danilov, D.L. & Magnus, J.R., 2002. "Forecast Accuracy after Pretesting with an Application to the Stock Market," Discussion Paper 2002-76, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Karim M. Abadir & Gabriel Talmain, 2012. "Beyond Co-Integration: Modelling Co-Movements in Macro finance," Working Paper Series 25_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- K Abadir & R Larsson, .
"Biases of correlograms and of AR representations of stationary series,"
05/21, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Abadir Karim M. & Larsson Rolf, 2012. "Biases of Correlograms and of AR Representations of Stationary Series," Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-11, May.
- Karim M. Abadir & Rolf Larsson, 2012. "Biases of Correlograms and of AR Representations of Stationary Series," Working Paper Series 24_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Niels Waller, 2008. "Fungible Weights in Multiple Regression," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 73(4), pages 691-703, December.
- Abadir Karim M., 2012.
"The Square Root of a Matrix,"
Journal of Time Series Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-7, November.
- Dahl, Christian M. & Levine, Michael, 2006. "Nonparametric estimation of volatility models with serially dependent innovations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(18), pages 2007-2016, December.
- Costantini, Mauro & Lupi, Claudio & Popp, Stephan, 2007. "A Panel-CADF Test for Unit Roots," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp07039, University of Molise, Dept. SEGeS.
- Maria Elena Garcia Reyes, 2006. "Multifactor Inequality: Substitution Effects for Income Sources in Mexico," Working Papers 31, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.