On a New Class of Parallel Sequencing Situations and Related Games
AbstractThis paper considers a special class of sequencing situations with two parallel machines in which each agent has precisely two jobs to be processed, one on each machine.The costs of an agent depend linearly on the final completion time of his jobs.We describe a procedure that provides an optimal processing order of the jobs.Furthermore, we study cooperative games arising from these sequencing situations.Our main result is balancedness of these games.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 2001-3.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
cooperative games; scheduling;
Other versions of this item:
- Borm, P.E.M. & Calleja, P. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Klijn, F. & Slikker, M., 2002. "On a new class of parallel sequencing situations and related games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-90187, Tilburg University.
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hamers, H.J.M. & Klijn, F. & Velzen, S. van, 2002. "On the Convexity of Precedence Sequencing Games," Discussion Paper 2002-112, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Estevez Fernandez, M.A. & Mosquera, M.A. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M., 2006. "Proportionate Flow Shop Games," Discussion Paper 2006-63, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Velzen, S. van & Hamers, H.J.M., 2002. "On the Balancedness of Relaxed Sequencing Games," Discussion Paper 2002-49, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Imma Curiel, 2010. "Multi-stage sequencing situations," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 151-162, March.
- Herbert Hamers & Flip Klijn & Bas van Velzen, 2002. "On Games corresponding to Sequencing Situations with Precedence Relations," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 553.02, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Calleja, P. & Estevez Fernandez, M.A. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M., 2004. "Job Scheduling, Cooperation and Control," Discussion Paper 2004-65, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- C. Sire & S. Redner, 2009. "Understanding baseball team standings and streaks," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 473-481, February.
- Velzen, S. van, 2003. "Sequencing Games with Controllable Processing Time," Discussion Paper 2003-105, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.