A Note on "Stability of Tâtonnement Processes of Short Period Equilibria with Rational Expectations"
AbstractIn Hens (1997), a new adjustment process is proposed for a setting with reopening spot and asset markets. He argues by means of an intemporal variant of Scarf's example that this process is more stable than the other processes, although in general it might be more stable or less stable. This note gives further evidence showing that Hens's process is indeed more stable. The results contradict some of the arguments of Hens (1997), which are corrected.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 1997-110.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Tatonnement; stability; rational expectations; general equilibrium;
Other versions of this item:
- Herings, P. Jean-Jacques, 1999. "A note on 'stability of tatonnement processes of short period equilibria with rational expectations'," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 333-338, November.
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Magill, Michael & Shafer, Wayne, 1991. "Incomplete markets," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 30, pages 1523-1614 Elsevier.
- Hens, Thorsten, 1997. "Stability of tatonnement processes of short period equilibria with rational expectations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 41-67, August.
- Yves Balasko, 1993.
"The Expectational Stability of Walrasian Equilibria,"
Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva
93.09, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Balasko, Yves, 1994. "The expectational stability of Walrasian equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 179-203, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.