Protective Behavior in Games
AbstractThis paper introduces the notion of protective equilibrium in the context of fin ite games in strategic form.It shows that for matrix games the set of protective equilibria equals the set of proper equilibria.Moreover, in the context of bima trix games, the notion of protective behaviour is used as a refinement tool.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 1996-12.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
game theory; strategy;
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moulin, Herve, 1981.
"Prudence versus sophistication in voting strategy,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 398-412, June.
- Potters, J.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "The nucleolus of a matrix game and other nucleoli," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154220, Tilburg University.
- Barbera, S. & Dutta, B., 1991.
"Protective Behaviour in Matching Models,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
157.91, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Jansen, Mathijs, 1993. "On the Set of Proper Equilibria of a Bimatrix Game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 97-106.
- R. Myerson, 2010.
"Refinement of the Nash Equilibrium Concept,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
537, David K. Levine.
- Borm, P.E.M., 1992. "On perfectness concepts for bimatrix games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-146640, Tilburg University.
- Barbara, Salvador & Jackson, Matthew, 1988. "Maximin, leximin, and the protective criterion: Characterizations and comparisons," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 34-44, October.
- Barbera, Salvador & Dutta, Bhaskar, 1982. "Implementability via protective equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 49-65, June.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Jansen, M.J.M. & Potters, J.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1993. "On the structure of the set of perfect equilibria in bimatrix games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-146641, Tilburg University.
- Vincent Merlin & Jörg Naeve, 2000. "Implementation of Social Choice Functions via Demanding Equilibria," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut fÃ¼r Volkswirtschaftslehre der UniversitÃ¤t Hohenheim 191/2000, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany, revised 25 Sep 2001.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.