Assessing the Efficacy of Gaming in Economics Education
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 1996-05.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Other versions of this item:
- Gremmen, H.J.F.M. & Potters, J.J.M., 1997. "Assessing the efficacy of gaming in economics education," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-73907, Tilburg University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Watts, Michael & Lynch, Gerald J, 1989. "The Principles Courses Revisited," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 236-41, May.
- Watts, Michael & Bosshardt, William, 1991. "How Instructors Make a Difference: Panel Data Estimates from Principles of Economic Courses," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 336-40, May.
- Liu, Donald J. & Walker, J.D. & Bauer, Theresa A. & Zhao, Meng, 2008. "Facilitating Classroom Economics Experiments with an Emerging Technology: The Case of Clickers," Staff Papers 44344, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Beth A. Freeborn & Jason P. Hulbert, 2009.
"Persuasive and Informative Advertising: A Classroom Experiment,"
85, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Beth A. Freeborn & Jason P. Hulbert, 2011. "Persuasive and Informative Advertising: A Classroom Experiment," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 51-59, January.
- Andreas Ortmann, 2003.
"Bertrand Price Undercutting: A Brief Classroom Demonstration,"
The Journal of Economic Education,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 21-26, January.
- Andreas Ortmann, 2002. "Bertrand Price Undercutting: A Brief Classroom Demonstration," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp196, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Geert B. Woltjer, 2005.
"Decisions and Macroeconomics: Development and Implementation of a Simulation Game,"
The Journal of Economic Education,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 139-144, April.
- Woltjer,Geert, 2003. "Decisions and macroeconomics: development and implementation of a simulation game," Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Odile Blanchard & Arnaud Buchs, 2014. "Teaching Sustainable Development Issues: An Assessment of the Learning Effectiveness of Gaming," Working Papers halshs-00946227, HAL.
- Arnaud Buchs & Odile Blanchard, 2011. "Exploring the Concept of Sustainable Development Through Role-Playing," Post-Print halshs-00630990, HAL.
- Popp, Jennie S. Hughes, 2002. "Impacts Of University Financial And Academic Support On Student Performance At The Ss-Aaea Quizbowl Competition And In The Classroom," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19836, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jongeneel, Roelof A. & Koning, Niek, 2005. "Teaching Agricultural Policy Using Games: The Agripol Game," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24773, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Popp, Jennie S. Hughes & Rodriguez, German, 2006. "Quizbowl: Success In and Out of the Classroom, a Five Year Study," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35395, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Santos, Joseph M., 2002. "Peer Pressure: Refereed Journals And Empirical Research In The Undergraduate Economics Curriculum," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19854, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Nelson, Robert G. & Wilson, Norbert L.W., 2008. "Evaluating Teaching Methods: Is It Worth Doing Right?," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6810, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Martin Dufwenberg & J. Todd Swarthout, 2009. "Play to Learn? An Experiment," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2009-08, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Popp, Jennie S. Hughes, 2004. "The Ss-Aaea Quizbowl: Success In And Out Of The Classroom A Three Year Study," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20119, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.