Numerical Tools for the Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Frontier Models
AbstractIn this paper we describe the use of modern numerical integration methods for making posterior inferences in composed error stochastic frontier models for panel data or individual cross-sections.Two Monte Carlo methods have been used in practical applications.We survey these two methods in some detail and argue that Gibbs sampling methods can greatly reduce the computational difficulties involved in analyzing such models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 1996-03.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Monte Carlo Technique; Numerical Integration;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernandez, Carmen & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1997. "On the use of panel data in stochastic frontier models with improper priors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 169-193, July.
- Myungsup Kim & Yangseon Kim & Peter Schmidt, 2007.
"On the accuracy of bootstrap confidence intervals for efficiency levels in stochastic frontier models with panel data,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 165-181, December.
- Myungsup Kim & Yangseon Kim & Peter Schmidt, 2006. "On the Accuracy of Bootstrap Confidence Intervals for Efficiency Levels in Stochastic Frontier Models with Panel Data," Working Papers 0704, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Lambarraa, Fatima, 2011. "Dynamic Efficiency Analysis of Spanish Outdoor and Greenhouse Horticulture Sector," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114408, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fernández, C. & Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M.F.J., 1996. "On the Use of Panel Data in Bayesian Stochastic Frontier Models," Discussion Paper 1996-17, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.