Saving and wealth holdings of the elderly
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 1995-93.
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Consumer Economics; Savings; Wealth; Life Cycles; Elderly;
Other versions of this item:
- Alessie, R. & Lusardi, A. & Kapteyn, A., 1995. "Saving and Wealth Holdings of the Elderly," Papers 9593, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Alessie, R.J.M. & Lusardi, A. & Kapteyn, A.J., 1995. "Saving and wealth holdings of the elderly," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-364388, Tilburg University.
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Intertemporal Household Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 1989.
"Aging, Moving, and Housing Wealth,"
NBER Working Papers
2324, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Browning & Annamaria Lusardi, 1996.
"Household Saving: Micro Theories and Micro Facts,"
96-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Martin Browning, 1994.
"The Saving Behaviour of a Two Person Household,"
96-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Jan 1996.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel, 1992. "Saving and Consumption Patterns of the Elderly: The German Case," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 289-303.
- Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A., 1991.
"Aging and the income value of housing wealth,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 371-397, April.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 1990.
"But They Don't Want to Reduce Housing Equity,"
NBER Working Papers
2859, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Louise Sheiner & David N. Weil, 1992. "The Housing Wealth of the Aged," NBER Working Papers 4115, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hurd, Michael D, 1989. "Mortality Risk and Bequests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 779-813, July.
- Hurd, Michael D, 1990. "Research on the Elderly: Economic Status, Retirement, and Consumption and Saving," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(2), pages 565-637, June.
- Alessie, Rob & Lusardi, Annamaria & Kapteyn, Arie, 1999. "Saving after retirement: evidence from three different surveys," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 277-310, June.
- Banks, James & Blundell, Richard & Tanner, Sarah, 1995. "Consumption growth, saving and retirement in the U.K," Ricerche Economiche, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 255-275, September.
- Anna Schors & Rob Alessie & Mauro Mastrogiacomo, 2007. "Notes and Communications," De Economist, Springer, vol. 155(1), pages 99-121, March.
- Arie Kapteyn & Rob Alessie & Annamaria Lusardi, 1999.
"Explaining the Wealth Holdings of Different Cohorts: Productivity Growth and Social Security,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
99-069/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kapteyn, Arie & Alessie, Rob & Lusardi, Annamaria, 2005. "Explaining the wealth holdings of different cohorts: Productivity growth and Social Security," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 1361-1391, July.
- Arie Kapteyn & R. Alessie & Annamaria Lusardi, 2003. "Explaining the wealth holdings of different cohorts: productivity growth and social security," Working Papers 01-03, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Kapteyn, Arie & Alessie, Rob & Lusardi, Annamaria, 1999. "Explaining the wealth holdings of different cohorts : productivity growth and social security," Serie Research Memoranda 0038, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Anna van der Schors & Rob Alessie & Mauro Mastrogiacomo, 2007.
"Home and mortgage ownership of the Dutch elderly; explaining cohort, time and age effects,"
CPB Discussion Paper
77, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Anna van der Schors & Rob J.M. Alessie & Mauro Mastrogiacomo, 2007. "Home and Mortgage Ownership of the Dutch Elderly: Explaining Cohort, Time and Age Effects," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 183, McMaster University.
- Hochgürtel, S. & Soest, A.H.O. van, 1996.
"The Relation Between Financial and Housing Wealth of Dutch Households,"
1996-82, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hochguertel, Stefan & van Soest, Arthur, 1998. "The Relation between Financial and Housing Wealth of Dutch Households," Working Paper Series 1998:19, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Hochguertel, S. & van Soest, A., 1998. "The Relation Between Financial and Housing Wealth of Dutch Households," Papers 1998:19, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Mauro Baranzini, 2005. "Modigliani's life-cycle theory of savings fifty years later," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(233-234), pages 109-172.
- Elsa Fornero & Annamaria Lusardi & Chiara Monticone, 2009. "Adequacy of Saving for Old Age in Europe," CeRP Working Papers 87, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Richard Disney & Paul Johnson & Gary Stears, 1998. "Asset wealth and asset decumulation among households in the Retirement Survey," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(2), pages 153-174, May.
- Alessie, R.J.M. & Hochgürtel, S. & Soest, A.H.O. van, 2000. "Household Portfolios in the Netherlands," Discussion Paper 2000-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Raffaele Miniaci & Chiara Monfardini & Guglielmo Weber, 2003. "Is there a retirement consumption puzzle in Italy?," IFS Working Papers W03/14, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Mauro Baranzini, 2005. "Modigliani's life-cycle theory of savings fifty years later," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(233-234), pages 109-172.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.