The ineffectiveness of central bank intervention
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 1994-101.
Date of creation: 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Foreign Exchange; Exchange Rate; Central Banks; Interventions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Almekinders, G.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1994. "Accounting for Daily Bundesbank and federal reserve intervention: A friction model with a GARCH application," Discussion Paper 1994-44, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M & Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1993. "Does Foreign-Exchange Intervention Matter? The Portfolio Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1356-69, December.
- Almekinders, G.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1994.
"Daily Bundesbank and federal reserve interventions: Are they a reaction to changes in the level and volatility of the DM/$-rate?,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-152910, Tilburg University.
- Almekinders, Geert J & Eijffinger, Sylvester C W, 1994. "Daily Bundesbank and Federal Reserve Interventions: Are They a Reaction to Changes in the Level and Volatility of the DM/$-Rate?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 111-30.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1991. "Empirical evidence on foreign exchange market intervention: Where do we stand?," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-152907, Tilburg University.
- Loopesko, Bonnie E., 1984. "Relationships among exchange rates, intervention, and interest rates: An empirical investigation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 257-277, December.
- Goodhart, Charles, 1988. "The Foreign Exchange Market: A Random Walk with a Dragging Anchor," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 55(220), pages 437-60, November.
- Elvio Dal Bosco, 1998. "Central Banks' Management of Foreign Exchange Reserves," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 665-684, January.
- Christelle Lecourt & Helene Raymond, 2006. "Central bank interventions in industrialized countries: a characterization based on survey results," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 123-138.
- Jun, Jongbyung, 2008. "Friction model and foreign exchange market intervention," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 477-489.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.