Joint Tests for Regularity and Autocorrelation in Allocation Systems
AbstractIn the context of allocation models with vector autoregressive errors we propose a convenient procedure, based on the Lagrange multiplier principle, for testing any possible combination of absence of serial correlation, homogeneity, and symmetry against any possible alternative which specifies autocorrelation of an arbitrary given order. We also derive generic expressions for the maximum likelihood estimation of the models under six possible combinations of constraints. The methodology is illustrated with the Rotterdam model and the differential AIDS model, both estimated from the same quarterly British data. Copyright 1993 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research in its series Discussion Paper with number 1990-42.
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://center.uvt.nl
Other versions of this item:
- Deschamps, P J, 1993. "Joint Tests for Regularity and Autocorrelation in Allocation Systems," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 195-211, April-Jun.
- Deschamps, P.J., 1990. "Joint Tests For Regularity And Autocorrelation In Allocation Systems," Papers 9042, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- SCHROYEN, Fred, 2011. "Attitudes towards income risk in the presence of quantity constraints," CORE Discussion Papers 2011020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Deschamps, Philippe J., 1998. "Full maximum likelihood estimation of dynamic demand models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 335-359, February.
- Deschamps, Philippe J., 2000. "Exact small-sample inference in stationary, fully regular, dynamic demand models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 51-91, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.