Railway timetabling from an operations research
AbstractIn this paper we describe Operations Research (OR) models andtechniques that can be used for determining (cyclic) railwaytimetables. We discuss the two aspects of railway timetabling: ($i$)the determination of arrival and departure times of the trains atthe stations and other relevant locations such as junctions andbridges, and ($ii$) the assignment of each train to an appropriateplatform and corresponding inbound and outbound routes in everystation. Moreover, we discuss robustness aspects of bothsubproblems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute in its series Econometric Institute Report with number EI 2007-22.
Date of creation: 21 Jun 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.few.eur.nl/few
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huisman, D. & Kroon, L.G. & Lentink, R.M. & Vromans, M.J.C.M., 2005.
"Operations research in passenger railway transportation,"
Econometric Institute Report
EI 2005-16, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute.
- Dennis Huisman & Leo G. Kroon & Ramon M. Lentink & Michiel J. C. M. Vromans & Dennis Huisman & Leo G. Kroon & Ramon M. Lentink & Michiel J. C. M. Vromans, 2005. "Operations Research in passenger railway transportation," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 59(4), pages 467-497.
- Huisman, D. & Kroon, L.G. & Lentink, R.M. & Vromans, M.J.C.M., 2005. "Operations Research in Passenger Railway Transportation," Research Paper ERS-2005-023-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Kroon, Leo & Maróti, Gábor & Helmrich, Mathijn Retel & Vromans, Michiel & Dekker, Rommert, 2008.
"Stochastic improvement of cyclic railway timetables,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 553-570, July.
- Kroon, L.G. & Dekker, R. & Maroti, G. & Retel Helmrich, M. & Vromans, M.J.C.M., 2006. "Stochastic Improvement of Cyclic Railway Timetables," Research Paper ERS-2006-067-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anneke Kop).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.