Peut-on toujours redistribuer les gains à la spécialisation et à l'echange? Un retour en pointillé sur Ricardo et Heckscher-Ohlin
AbstractThe paper considers the interactions between equity and efficiency in the theory of international trade. First, in an intertemporal version of the Ricardo model, one exhibits an extreme case in which some specialisation may be so advantageous that it calls for very high international comensatory transfers. Second, one shows that in the Heckscher-Oehlin model, when redistribution can rely on realistic but unsufficiently powerful tools, policy recommendations in matter of trade may be strongly opposed to standard intuition.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 98-07.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Revue économique, vol. 49, no. 3, mai 1998
COMMERCE INTERNATIONAL ; REDISTRIBUTION DU REVENU;
Other versions of this item:
- Roger Guesnerie, 1998. "Peut-on toujours redistribuer les gains à la spécialisation et à l'échange ? Un retour en pointillé sur Ricardo et Heckscher-Ohlin," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 49(3), pages 555-579.
- Roger Guesnerie, 1998. "Peut-on toujours redistribuer les gains à la spécialisation et à l'échange ? Un retour en pointillé sur Ricardo et Heckscher-Ohlin," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 555-579.
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thierry Verdier, 2005. "Intégration commerciale « socialement responsable » : une approche en termes d'économie politique," Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 19(4), pages 55-121.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.