On the Cultural Transmission of Preferences for Social Status
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 97-04.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Public Economics, 1998, vol. 70, pp. 75-97
Other versions of this item:
- Bisin, Alberto & Verdier, Thierry, 1998. "On the cultural transmission of preferences for social status," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 75-97, October.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernheim, B Douglas, 1994. "A Theory of Conformity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 841-77, October.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Akerlof,George A., 1984. "An Economic Theorist's Book of Tales," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521269339, April.
- Fershtman, C. & Weiss, Y., 1991.
"Social Status , Culture and Economic Performance,"
32-91, Tel Aviv.
- Rogers, Alan R, 1994. "Evolution of Time Preference by Natural Selection," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 460-81, June.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Murphy, Kevin M & Weiss, Yoram, 1996.
"Social Status, Education, and Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 108-32, February.
- Becker, Gary S & Mulligan, Casey B, 1997. "The Endogenous Determination of Time Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 112(3), pages 729-58, August.
- Levent Kockesen & Efe A. Ok & Rajiv Sethi, 1997. "Interdependent Preference Formation," Game Theory and Information 9708002, EconWPA.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1994.
"Act-Similarity in Case-Based Decision Theory,"
1081, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hans Grüner, 1995. "Evolutionary stability of social norms in a socioeconomic equilibrium model," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 233-245, October.
- Cole, Harold L & Mailath, George J & Postlewaite, Andrew, 1992. "Social Norms, Savings Behavior, and Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1092-1125, December.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.