Calcul économique et développement durable
AbstractThe paper considers a model with two goods: a private good and an "environmental" good. The analysis has two basic ingredients : the two goods are imperfectly substitutable and the long run characteristics of substitution are uncertain. An ecological discount rate is defined. It is argued that a plausible long run value for this discount rate is close to zero, at least if the preoccupations of intergenerational equity are strong enough.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 2004-02.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gollier, Christian, 2013.
"A theory of rational short-termism with uncertain betas,"
TSE Working Papers
13-389, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Gollier, Christian, 2013. "A theory of rational short-termism with uncertain betas," IDEI Working Papers 771, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gollier, Christian, 2012. "A theory of rational short-termism with uncertain betas," LERNA Working Papers 12.14.371, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Charles Figuières & Hervé Guyomard & Gilles Rotillon, 2010. "Sustainable Development: Between Moral Injunctions and Natural Constraints," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(11), pages 3608-3622, November.
- Gollier, Christian, 2012.
"Asset pricing with uncertain betas: A long-term perspective,"
IDEI Working Papers
752, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gollier, Christian, 2012. "Asset pricing with uncertain betas: A long-term perspective," TSE Working Papers 12-354, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Christian Gollier, 2013. "Asset Pricing with Uncertain Betas: A Long-Term Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 4072, CESifo Group Munich.
- Roger Guesnerie & Jean-Michel Lasry & Olivier Guéant, 2009. "Ecological intuition versus economic "reason"," Working Papers halshs-00575067, HAL.
- Kögel, Tomas, 2009. "On the Relation between Dual-Rate Discounting and Substitutability," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-10, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Ekeland, Ivar, 2010. "Discounting the Future: the Case of Climate Change," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3682, Paris Dauphine University.
- Fuentes Castro, D., 2012. "Funding for green growth," Working papers 392, Banque de France.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.