Micro-simulation and Normative Policy Evaluation: an Application to some EU Tax-Benefits System
AbstractIn this work we explore the impact of alternative tax-benefits systems on household welfare. The framework of our analysis is the theory of optimal taxation with the distribution of potential wages replaced by the distribution of household abilities. The latter has been calculated by inversion of the household’s utility maximisation problem. This methodology has been then implemented in order to compare the tax-benefits systems of France and UK. We have employed a behavioural micro-simulation model that has been applied on samples extract from the "Households Budget Survey 1989" of INSEE and from the "Family Expenditure Survey" of ONS.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 2003-23.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Amedeo Spadaro, 2005. "Micro-simulation and Normative Policy Evaluation: An Application to Some EU Tax Benefits Systems," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 7(4), pages 593-622, October.
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2003-11-09 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-EEC-2003-11-09 (European Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amadéo Spadaro, 2008.
"Optimal taxation, social contract and the four worlds of welfare capitalism,"
PSE Working Papers
- Amedeo Spadaro, 2008. "Optimal taxation, social contract and the four worlds of welfare capitalism," Working Papers 98, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Spadaro, Amedeo, 2008. "Optimal taxation, social contract and the four worlds of welfare capitalism," EUROMOD Working Papers EM10/08, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Bargain, Olivier & Orsini, Kristian, 2004.
"In-Work Policies in Europe: Killing Two Birds with One Stone?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1445, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bargain, Olivier & Orsini, Kristian, 2006. "In-work policies in Europe: Killing two birds with one stone?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 667-697, December.
- Olivier Bargain & Kristian Orsini, 2004. "In-work policies in Europe: killing two birds with one stone?," DELTA Working Papers 2004-13, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Bargain, Olivier & Orsini, Kristian, 2004. "In-work policies in Europe: killing two birds with one stone?," EUROMOD Working Papers EM4/04, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Lietz, Christine & Mantovani, Daniela, 2006. "Lessons from building and using EUROMOD," EUROMOD Working Papers EM5/06, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- van Sonsbeek, J.M. & Gradus, R.H.J.M., 2006.
"A microsimulation analysis of the 2006 regime change in the Dutch disability scheme,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 427-456, May.
- Sonsbeek, J.M. van & Gradus, R.H.J.M., 2005. "A microsimulation analysis of the 2006 regime change in the Dutch disability scheme," Serie Research Memoranda 0012, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00590863 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zucchelli, E & Jones, A.M & Rice, N, 2010. "The evaluation of health policies through microsimulation methods," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 10/03, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Eugenio Zucchelli & Andrew M Jones & Nigel Rice, 2012. "The evaluation of health policies through dynamic microsimulation methods," International Journal of Microsimulation, Interational Microsimulation Association, vol. 5(1), pages 2-20.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00586290 is not listed on IDEAS
- Květa Kubátová, 2009. "Optimal Taxation – Review of Theory," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2009(3), pages 24-36.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.