Competition and Corporate Governance : Substitutes or Complements ? Evidence from the Warsaw Stock Exchange
AbstractIn this paper we analyse the impact of product market competition and ownership structure on corporate performance. We focus on the firms listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, which are either privatised or newly created firms. First, we study the separate effects of competition and ownership concentration on firm level productivity growth. Next, we investigate their interaction: are they substitutes or complements?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 2001-06.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
MARKET ; COMPETITION ; OWNERSHIP;
Other versions of this item:
- Irena Grosfeld & Thierry Tressel, 2001. "Competition and Corporate Governance: Substitutes or Compliments? Evidence from the Warsaw Stock Exchange," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 369, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manoranjan Pattanayak Author- Workplace-Name: CRISIL LIMITED & Manoj Pant, . "Corporate Governance, Competition and Firm Performance: Evidence from India," Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi Discussion Papers 10-07, Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- ONORI, Daria, 2010.
"Competition and growth: reinterpreting their relationship,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2010033, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Daria Onori, 2013. "Competition and Growth: Reinterpreting their Relationship," AMSE Working Papers 1324, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Daria Onori, 2013. "Competition and Growth: Reinterpreting their Relationship," Working Papers halshs-00806994, HAL.
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Jan Svejnar, 2005. "Origin and Concentration: Corporate Ownership, Control and Performance," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp259, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.